天津中医药大学 国际教育学院 招生科
地址：中华人民共和国 天津市南开区玉泉路88号 300193
Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Application Introduction for Confucius Institute Scholarship 2017/2018
Established in 1958, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TUTCM) is one of the earliest universities of TCM in China and the only International University of TCM which is approved by State Education Committee (now Ministry of Education) in 1992. TUTCM is also the “Educational Aid Center” and “China-ASEAN Educational Training Center” of Ministry of Education (MOE), TCM International Cooperation Center of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SATCM) and the director committee member of the Education Instruction Committee of the World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies. Adhering the motto of “strengthening moral education and pursuing academic studies, inheriting and innovating”, TUTCM has developed into a comprehensive university specializing in TCM education and covers extensive areas of study, namely as Medicine, Science, Arts, Management, Engineering, Education and etc.
The University has distinguished teaching staff and sufficient resources for students’ internship. Currently it has 2 National Key Disciplines of Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina and TCM Internal Medicine, 4 affiliated hospitals and 5 teaching hospitals. Among them, the First Affiliated Hospital is a National TCM Clinical Research Base, the National Acupuncture Clinical Research Center, the National Acupuncture Clinical Foundation and the National Provincial Demonstration Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine; the Second Affiliated Hospital is the treatment center for Chinese medical difficult disease and has significant advantage for gynecological and encephalopathy diseases; Baokang Hospital and other teaching hospitals have unique treatment features in rehabilitation medicine, orthopedics, community health of TCM, integrative medicine and etc..
The University has extensive international exchanges and cooperation. It aims to cultivate international applied talents in clinic with solid theoretical foundation and excellent clinical skills which make it enjoy a high reputation world widely. It has formed TCM internationalization talents training system where the bachelor education is the main part .The system also covers master and doctoral education and short and long term certificate studies. Every year，there are over 2,000 international students from more than 60 countries and regions coming to study at TUTCM.
Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (TCFL) of TUTCM started in 1980s，aiming to serve for TCM degree education. It has cultivated extensive Chinese language talents with competitive Chinese competence to learn TCM degree education and having met the relevant requirements. Through many years’ development, TCFL has achieved greatly. It is not only responsible for international students’ Chinese language education, but also serving for the TCFL undergraduate program and the master program. It has formed complete teaching system and established Confucius Classroom in Japan and Confucius Institute in Thailand.
The new campus of TUTCM is under construction which is located by Tuanbo Lake in Jinghai District, Tianjin. It is expected to move into the new campus around September, 2017. The new campus covers an area of more than 173 hectares and the building area is about 600,000 square meters. The nationally largest museum of TCM, Chinese Medicine Botanical Garden, the nationally most advanced Science and Technology Park of TCM and International Education Center of TCM are all under construction in the new campus, providing a more excellent study and living environment for students.
I. Admission Categories
1. Four-weeks certificate study
2. One-Academic-Year certificate study
3. One-semester certificate study
1. Chinese Language and Literature
2. Subjects related to Traditional Chinese Medicine
III. Admission Requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizenship; In good health condition; Aged between 16 to 35 (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45).
2. For One-Academic-Year applicant:
Facing students of Confucius Classroom or Institute; Foreign Chinese language teachers at local area; Students of Chinese language major; with high score of HSK test; Current international students in China is not applicable; Applicant should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should hold a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A) , and a minimum score of 180 BCT (Speaking).
3. For one-semester applicant:
Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, but have a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK (Beginner Level). Alternatively, applicant should have a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking).
4. “Chinese Bridge” (Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students) Winners who have been awarded the 2017 “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate” can apply for admission according to the scholarship specified in the certificate.
5. For Four-week study applicant:
Application is mainly open to Confucius Institute （Classroom） students, excellent performers in HSK test, and outstanding club members of Confucius Institute Magazine. Applicant should submit a HSK or BCT score report, and have no prior experience of studying in China.
IV. Date of Entry:One-Academic-Year Study, and One-Semester Study is either on September, 2017 or March, 2018. Four-Week Study courses are available from July - August, 2017, or December, 2017 – January, 2018.
V. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Living allowance criteria per person are: CNY 2,500 per month for Four-week study students, One-Academic-Year study Students and One-Semester study Students.
VI. Application Procedure
The Applicants should log on to the Confucius website athttp://cis.chinese.cn, register an individual account, read information and introduction of TUTCM and its majors, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of the following supporting documents:
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
2. Score reports of the HSK, HSKK or BCT, BCT (Speaking). Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions may submit the award certificate and the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate”.
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for).
4. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript.
5. Applicants for TCM programs shall provide relevant certificate of study or recommendation letter.
Note: For the above mentioned documents, if they are not in either Chinese or English, shall provide the corresponding notarized documents.
VII. Application Deadline: May 10, 2017.
VIII. Recommending Institutions: Confucius Institute in each country (or Independent Confucius Classroom); overseas HSK venue; Educational/Cultural Section in Chinese embassy; host university.
IX. For more details, please refer to 2017 Confucius Institute Scholarship Admission Procedure.
International Education College
Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Add: 88 Yuquan Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, P.R. China, 300193
Tel: 86-22-59596555 86-22-27374931 Fax: 86-22-27374931
Admission Website: iec.tjutcm.edu.cn； http://admission.tjutcm.edu.cn/