天津中医药大学 国际教育学院 招生科
地址：中华人民共和国 天津市南开区玉泉路88号 300193
Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Application Introduction for Confucius Institute Scholarship
Established in 1958, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TUTCM) is one of the earliest universities of TCM in China and the only International University of TCM which is approved by State Education Committee (now Ministry of Education) in 1992. TUTCM is also the “Educational Aid Center” and “China-ASEAN Educational Training Center” of Ministry of Education (MOE), TCM International Cooperation Center of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SATCM) and the director committee member of the Education Instruction Committee of the World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies. Adhering the motto of “strengthening moral education and pursuing academic studies, inheriting and innovating”, TUTCM has developed into a comprehensive university specializing in TCM education and covers extensive areas of study, namely as Medicine, Science, Arts, Management, Engineering, Education and etc.
The University has distinguished teaching staff and sufficient resources for students’ internship. Currently it has 2 National Key Disciplines of Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Tuina and TCM Internal Medicine, 4 affiliated hospitals and 5 teaching hospitals. Among them, the First Affiliated Hospital is a National TCM Clinical Research Base, the National Acupuncture Clinical Research Center, the National Acupuncture Clinical Foundation and the National Provincial Demonstration Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine; the Second Affiliated Hospital is the treatment center for Chinese medical difficult disease and has significant advantage for gynecological and encephalopathy diseases; Baokang Hospital and other teaching hospitals have unique treatment features in rehabilitation medicine, orthopedics, community health of TCM, integrative medicine and etc..
The University has extensive international exchanges and cooperation. It aims to cultivate international applied talents in clinic with solid theoretical foundation and excellent clinical skills which make it enjoy a high reputation world widely. It has formed TCM internationalization talents training system where the bachelor education is the main part .The system also covers master and doctoral education and short and long term certificate studies. Every year，there are over 2,000 international students from more than 60 countries and regions coming to study at TUTCM.
Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (TCFL) of TUTCM started in 1980s，aiming to serve for TCM degree education. It has cultivated extensive Chinese language talents with competitive Chinese competence to learn TCM degree education and having met the relevant requirements. Through many years’ development, TCFL has made great achievements. It is not only responsible for international students’ Chinese language education, but also trained qualified undergraduate and master postgraduate. It has developed comprehensive teaching system and established Confucius Classroom in Japan and Confucius Institute in Thailand.
The new campus of TUTCM, which is under construction, is located at Tuanbo Lake in Jinghai District, Tianjin. We are expected to move into the new campus around September, 2017. The new campus covers an area over 1700,000 square meters with construction area of 600,000 square meters. The largest museum of TCM in China, Chinese Medicine Botanical Garden and the most advanced Science and Technology Park of TCM and International Education Center of TCM are all under construction within the new campus, providing a more excellent study and living environment for students.
I. Admission Categories
1. Partial scholarship for four-weeks study students
2. Full scholarship for one-semester study students
Subjects related to Traditional Chinese Medicine
III. Admission Requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizenship; In good physical condition; no criminal records; Aged between 16 to 35 (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45).
2. For one-semester applicant:
Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, hold HSK Test Report and background of Traditional Medicine or majors related.
3. “Chinese Bridge” (Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students) Winners who have been awarded the 2017 “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate” can apply for admission according to the scholarship specified in the certificate.
5. For Four-week study applicant:
Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China, hold HSK Test Report and be registered students or teachers in Confucius Institute.
IV. Date of Entry:One-semester courses：March, 2018.Four-Week courses：December, 2017.
V. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The Confucius Institute Full Scholarship provides coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (excluding four-week study students) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Partial Scholarship provides coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
The living allowance criteria per person is CNY 2,500 per month for one-semester study students.
The comprehensive medical insurance expenses are: CNY 100 per person for four-week study students and CNY 400 per person for one-semester study students.
VI. Application Procedure
The Applicants should log on to the Confucius website athttp://cis.chinese.cn, register an individual account, read information and introduction of TUTCM and its majors, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of the following supporting documents:
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 should have legal guardians who are residents in China and hold nationality of Chinese or non-Chinese, entrusted by their parents. Applicants shall submit notarized documents of their guardians’ letter of guarantee.
2. Score reports of HSK Test with two-year period of validity.
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for).
4. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript.
5. One-semester study Applicants need to provide certificate of study or recommendation letter in Traditional Medicine or relevant majors.
Note: For the above mentioned documents, if they are not in either Chinese or English, shall provide the corresponding notarized translated documents.
VII. Application Deadline: September 31, 2017for students who come to China in December, 2017,andDecember 31, 2017forstudents who come to China in March, 2018.
VIII. Recommending Institutions:
1. Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than six months. For more information, please refer to www.hanban.org.
2. Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates. For information, please refer to www.chinesetest.cn.
3. Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. For more details, please refer to 2017 Confucius Institute Scholarship Admission Procedure.
International Education College
Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Add: 88 Yuquan Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, P.R. China, 300193
Tel: 86-22-59596555 86-22-27374931 Fax: 86-22-27374931
Admission Website: iec.tjutcm.edu.cn； http://admission.tjutcm.edu.cn/